SAN LUIS OBISPO:
NEWS AROUND THE CLUB: (805) 781-3488
Questions? Call or email email@example.com
On everyone’s minds is the Coronavirus, and for many of you, what is Kennedy Club Fitness doing to maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment? Last week we shared the increased cleaning and disinfectant regime throughout the Club, accessible hand-sanitizing stations, consistent and clear communication with staff and members regarding all our roles in keeping KCF a refuge for the mind, body and spirit during this time. Here are more updates for this week:
- CLUB HOURS: No changes are planned at this time. We are taking every step necessary to provide you a refuge that is clean and safe.
- GROUP EXERCISE CLASS PARTICIPANTS: We want to be sensitive to the recommendation of ‘social distancing’ so class sizes will be limited where necessary to provide more space between participants. For sign-up classes, not all spots will be open for reservation; all other classes will be monitored for size and reservation requirements implemented if necessary.
- Silver Lining Announcement: Before COVID-19, we’ve been researching providing online group exercise classes in your favorite formats to supplement your workouts when you’re unable to come to the Club. We will be launching–this ‘member only benefit’ later this week so stay tuned for details!
- SAUNA (Atascadero) and STEAM Rooms (ALL Clubs): Closed for an extra layer of safety. The Whirlpools will remain open at this time.
Keep the spread of any virus away from the Club by staying home if you are feeling well and not returning until you are fully well. Wash your hands with soap and water often or use hand sanitizers, cough into your arm, dispose tissues when you sneeze. Together, we can continue to help keep SLO County the healthiest county in the country.
To stay in touch with the latest, watch your email inbox, favorite social media site and our KCF Blog. See more here.
Looking for a way to build up your immune system and decrease your stress? Enter ‘K’-Zone Body Recovery/Relaxation Centers. Add unlimited access to K-Zone in all Clubs for only $19/month. Read more about what each station offers here.
Have you seen our brand-new website? At your fingertips you can easily access Buddy Passes for Friends, follow our ‘K’ Fit-Tips Blog, get information about your membership by reading FAQ’s and easily manage your own account by downloading our new KCF Mobile App. Create a shortcut on your device for easy access. Visit the new website here.
Reminders for New Members:
- Download the KCF Mobile App to schedule classes, reservations, pay your account balances, change banking and more right here.
- Schedule your complimentary training sessions with one of our certified personal trainers. Already a member? You may still benefit from an evaluation session and receive training tips to enhance your routine. Contact the Front Desk or schedule on your KCF Mobile App.
- Never been ‘scanned’? Schedule a complimentary InBody Scan.Find out what you’re made of: where you are strong, where you compensate, potential injury areas, body fat (if you want to know it) and more.
- Are your workouts working? Do you need accountability to succeed? Add a MyZone Fitness Tracker as your ‘go to’ fitness tool. Click here to find out how MyZone can change your life. MyZone (normally $149) is now $99 for KCF members —a $50 savings.
- When you need water, a sport drink, smoothie or other item from the Kafe or Pro Shop—just ‘charge it’. Set up a KCF House Account with the Front Desk today.
- Stay connected with the latest by following us on your favorite social media site. Click on icon on the bottom of any of our website pages.
Now through April 30th it is Open Enrollment for all existing KCF Corporate Membership Accounts. No ADMIN Fee and free dues to April 15th. Really? Yup. Contact your Club’s Membership Department or email Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org today.
KAFE & PRO SHOP News: Nicole, Front Desk Director (805) 781-3488 email@example.com
Kennedy Fit Meals are made fresh daily in our Kafe, created and packaged right here in our kitchen. We provide rotating recipes ranging from breakfast items to salads, sandwiches and wraps. Fuel your day with a Kennedy Fit Meal today.
Get ready for Taco SALAD Tuesdays in March. $6 ‘Fit Meal Salads’ every Tuesday. Pair with your favorite Happy Hour draft pour will make Tuesdays a favorite day of the week.
Save some ‘green’ on St. Patrick’s Day. $1 off all meals, shakes and draft pours will put more ‘green’ back in your pocket.
Make the most out of your workouts by adding supplements to your regimen. We offer protein bars, shakes and build-your-own real fruit smoothies. Choose your ‘boost’ combining proteins with fiber, BCAA, creatine, and more. Check out all the selections in your Kafe.
Starting the week can be hard. Check your gut with Kombucha Happy Hour offered every Monday, all day long. Kombucha, brewed by our neighbor Whalebird, offers a variety of flavors by the can, pour, or growler. Enjoy $1 off draft’ booch’ every Monday.
What’s new in the Pro Shop? Sometimes the best motivator is something ‘new’. Check it out:
- New women’s’ workout wear from Onzie. Don’t have your size? Ask us and we’ll special order.
- KCF logo wear for men and women in fun styles and designs
- Half-Gallon reusable water bottles or classic shaker cups
- Workout bands and weighted jump ropes—plus—new thicker Yoga mats.
Body ‘recovery’ is an essential ingredient to the most effective fitness program. That’s why we’ve invested in the ‘K’-Zone Body Recovery/Relaxation Centers. If you haven’t tried one or more K-Zone stations, ask the front desk for a free trial session. Then add unlimited access to K-Zone in all Clubs for only $19/month.Questions? Read more about ‘K’ Zone here.
Speaking of MyZone: Brand-new this month—Pop-Up MyZone Classes. Ask the Front Desk for a ‘demo’ belt to try. See your effort on the screen, challenge yourself to the next level, and you’ll be hooked. Check out this unbelievable savings: Save $50 off the regular $149 MyZone price—and when you take one of our MyZone Classes, you’ll save another $20—that’s $70 off. We’re serious about just how hooked you’ll be using MyZone.
FITNESS DEPARTMENT NEWS: Janey, Fitness Director (805) 781-3488 ext. 44 firstname.lastname@example.org
New to the Club? We are ready and waiting to assist you with your fitness goals. Schedule your complimentary fitness training session and nutrition consultation at the Front Desk today.
Not seeing the results you expected? Working out is only half the equation. Contact Janey to set up an appointment with one of our Nutritionists. Your initial meeting is free and either Carrie Crenshaw or John Hornbuckle will help you get your nutrition on track.
Coach BJ Nard launched his ‘Only 1 Way’ Boot Camp and it’s getting rave reviews. Classes are every Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30p in the circuit training studio. Drop-in fee is $20 or $120 per month for unlimited attendance. See more about this class and more fitness programs by clicking here and scrolling down to the Personal Training tab.
Do you enjoy your workout but aren’t sure how to push yourself further? Our personal trainers are here to help you take your fitness to the next level or help you reach individual goals. NEW—in addition to personal training ‘workout’ sessions, we now offer 30-minute personal training ‘recovery sessions’ that include stretching and mobility in our infrared sauna. Want to learn more about the benefits of infrared and recovery sessions? Contact Janey for more information today.
Help keep KCF a healthy place to be by staying home when you feel the onset of the cold or flu, and staying home until all symptoms have passed. Sweating it out’ is a myth. When you are feeling better, start off slowly, with a walk outside in the fresh air. Remember to hydrate and wash your hands often.
Body ‘recovery’ is an essential ingredient to the most effective fitness program. That’s why we’ve invested in the ‘K’-Zone Body Recovery/Relaxation Centers. If you haven’t tried one or more K-Zone stations, ask the front desk for a free trial session. Then add unlimited access to K-Zone in all Clubs for only $19/month. Questions? Read more about ‘K’ Zone here.
GROUP EXCERSISE FUN: Sylvia, Group Exercise Coordinator (805) 781-3488 email@example.com
Did you know KCF-SLO has 99 Group Exercise Classes offered each week included in your membership? There are certain to be several class formats that are a fit for your fitness goals. If you have questions, contact Sylvia at her contact info above and she will guide you towards the perfect class options for you. To see the class descriptions and schedule, click here, scroll down to Group Exercise. If you’re just starting out—or back—see the ‘Smart Start’ symbol on the schedule to ensure and safe and ‘smart start’.
New to KCF-SLO, HIGH FITNESS every Tuesday at 9:15a. Ready to get inspired to go the extra effort? This popular, high-energy class is just what you’ve been looking for. Old school aerobics with lots of options. You’ll sweat and get your heart pumping, and burn lots of calories.
We’ve got half the month left and so many Pop-Up Classes to choose from:
- WOMEN’S HISTORY IN CYCLE: Thursdays at 8:10a all month long, we’re celebrating contributions to music by Women. On March 26th, we’ll be celebrating Singer/Songwriters ‘ Icons’ .
- MYZONE HIIT Class: Tuesday, March 17th at 4:30p with Megan O’Neil. Wear your MyZone Fitness Tracking Belt for this high-energy 45-minute class using athletic cardio with Tabata-style training. Don’t have a MyZone Belt? Demo belts will be available. (Get to class early to secure your belt and spot). It’s St Patrick’s Day, so don’t forget to wear your green.
- FLOW YOGA CORE: Wednesday, March 18th at 10:30a with Deana Wulff. Unroll your mat for an invigorating Full Body Flow. Set to motivating music, you’ll focus on Yoga postures and the muscles that stabilize the spine, and the muscles that move the spine.
- MYZONE GROOVE Class: Wednesday, March 25th at 5:45p with Sylvia. Wear your MyZone Fitness Tracking Belt for this high-energy 55-minute Dance Fitness class. Groove is a sizzling cardio experience that is a fusion of Club, Urban, and Latin dance styles. Don’t have a MyZone Belt? Demo belts will be available. (Get to class early to secure your belt and spot)
So–What is MyZone? MyZone is an innovative, wearable heart-rate based system that uses wireless and cloud technology to accurately and conveniently monitor physical activity. It’s highly successful due to its accuracy at 99.4%EKG. It is useful for anyone who wants a gamified and motivation wearable fitness tracker. MyZone monitors heart rate, calories and time exercising in real time and converts that into MyZone Effort Points (MEPS)
What makes MyZone different? MyZone aims to help people feel-good about exercise through technology. Unlike many others, MyZone is the only physical activity tracking platform based on the World Health Organization’s Physical Activity Guidelines. It uses a game-based platform and social experience that rewards effort not fitness, motivating users to reach their personal bests. To see more about MyZone, click here.
Did you know that we offer later evening classes? 6:45p- 7p clases Monday through Thursday. For those who can’t make it to 5:30p or 5:45p, we’ve got you covered with Strength, Cardio and MindBody classes. Check out our menu of ‘late night’ classes and give us a try.
- Monday 7p- Power & Centergy
- Tuesday 6:45p- Restorative Yoga
- Wednesday 7p-Barre
- Thursday 6:45p- Gentle Yoga / 6:45p HIIT
Reminder: Outdoor Aqua Classes may be cancelled due to weather for the winter season. If in doubt, give the Front Desk a call at the number above to see if class is still scheduled. Even on the chilliest day, our aqua instructors format the workout to keep you warm in the water, no matter the temperature outside. For those preferring a warmer environment, Indoor Aqua Classes are offered throughout the week. Click here and scroll down to Group Exercise to see the days and times for Aqua Classes.
Help keep KCF a healthy place to be by staying home when you feel the onset of the cold or flu, and staying home until all symptoms have passed. Sweating it out’ is a myth and will spread contagions to others. When you are feeling better, start off slowly, with a walk outside in the fresh air. Remember to hydrate and wash your hands often
KIDZ CLUB: Genevieve, Kidz Club Director (805) 781-3488 ext. 20. firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents, if you or your children are getting sick or have been sick, please stay home until fully well. We are taking extra precautions and care to maintain a healthy, sanitized environment in Kidz Club, but it ‘takes a village’ to keep it that way.
For the safety of all of our members and children at Kidz Club, please keep your children at home if they have any of the following symptoms: Fever over 99 degrees, Cloudy Runny Nose, Rash, Cough, Vomiting, or Diarrhea. If your child stayed home from school they must also stay home from Kidz Club. Children must be symptom free for a full 24 hours before returning to Kidz Club. We work very hard to keep Kid Club a healthy and germ-free place and appreciate your cooperation in keeping it a safe place for all of the children.
New to Kidz Club? To ensure you and your children have a great Kidz Club experience, please review our guidelines by clicking here. If you have questions or suggestions, contact Genevieve, Kidz Club Director at her contact info above.
Note: Kidz Club Hour Changes: Slight seasonal changes on our weekend hours. We will are now open Saturday 7:45a-1p and Sunday 9a-Noon.
If it is your child’s first visit, we welcome you. Please come 10-15 minutes early so you have time to sign your child’s waiver, arrange your payment and settle your child before your workout.
We now offer Unlimited Kidz Club EFT for $29.99 a month which includes unlimited visits to Kidz Club for your entire family. That’s up to 2 hours a day, 7 days a week. To find out more contact Genevieve for details.
We recommend that you make a reservation for all children under 2 years old, or if you have multiple children. At Kidz Club we take same day reservations starting at 7:45a Mon-Sat and 9a on Sundays. In order to give attention to all of your children, we do limit the number of babies and children per staff member. Calling your reservation in advance assures your spot(s) in Kidz Club.
If your child is potty training, has a special snack or has any other special instructions (especially babies), please let our staff know every time you come in so we can make sure your child is getting the best attention possible. Remember to also bring in diapers, wipes, a change of clothes and any snack for your baby or potty- training toddler. We do not keep these supplies on hand.
AQUATICS and POOL Happenings: Nate, Aquatics Director (805) 781-3488 email@example.com
Here are a few tips to ‘navigate the waters’. When lap swimming, please split lanes when there are two swimmers and circle swim if more than two. For details, see the sign located near the whirlpool or feel free to contact Nate, Aquatics Director at his number contact info above.
For those of you anxious to see what is going to be offered this Summer, here is a sneak peek of our summer group lesson schedule: Session 1: June 22-July 2; Session 2: July 6-16; Session 3: July 20-30. All sessions run Monday-Thursday. The first day to sign up for swim lessons is Saturday May 9th, so check your calendars and prep your kids for more summer pool fun.
What is Master’s Swim? If you are looking for a workout in the pool then come try our Master Swim classes. Don’t be discouraged by the name MASTERS, it is a great opportunity for swimmers to be challenged while learning in a group environment. Master Swim classes are offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 7a and 9a and Tuesdays, Thursdays at noon. Feel free to try it and if you like it and it works for your fitness goals, the drop-in rate is only $6 or you can pay $20/month for unlimited Master Swim classes (for members only). Contact Nate if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you at the pool.
Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, every season is a good season to become a stronger swimmer. We offer private and semi-private swim lessons year round. To see all programs, click here and scroll down to Aquatics or you can contact Nate directly.
Stroke School continues through the winter season. Family Swim has concluded until warmer weather returns this Summer.
Take your workout to the water. You can aqua jog, walk, kick swim or take an aqua class. There is something for everyone and we always have lanes available. Check out the Group Exercise Class Schedule to see all Aqua Class times. Click here and scroll down to Group Exercise.