June 23, 2020
Thank you for your energy! It’s been wonderful to see so many of you and how positive you feel about returning to your ‘home away from home’. It is contagious and really lifts our spirits.
We also appreciate your conscientious attention to wiping down equipment to maintaining your ‘social bubble’ to taking frequent advantage of the hand sanitizers placed….everywhere through the Club! Thank you for keeping Kennedy Club Fitness a very healthy and safe place to be.
A few reminders:
- Group Exercise Classes: We’ve added a couple more formats and a few more time slots. As promised, we will keep a close watch on attendance and demand and make changes as needed. To see the latest, click To review the reservation policy and how to reserve, click here.
- Membership Account Changes: For EFT members, your regular monthly membership dues/services will be drawn on July 1st. If you need to make any changes to your account, please email the Member Services Department in your Home Club by Friday, June 26th. (See email addresses below)
- Join us this Saturday for two FREE outdoor Pop-Up Classes, held in Sunken Gardens in Atascadero at 9a and 9:45a. This is an annual event the Atascadero Chamber of Commerce and Kennedy Club Fitness has sponsored to kick off the Central Coast Wine Reserve (formerly known as the Atascadero Wine Festival). While the festival is cancelled this year due to COVID-19 gathering restrictions, we are excited to continue this event for our ‘shelter-at-home’ weary public. So come join us. See more here!
And–in case you missed the latest–see below. Unless otherwise noted, this information applies to all four KCF locations:
- Our Hours: Monday-Friday: 6a-8p. Saturday 8a-6p; Sunday 8a-4p. NOTE: KCF-Atascadero closes at 2p on Sunday. These shorter hours allow us to perform deeper cleaning and sanitation.
- Masks: Governor Newsom has required masks to be worn in public places. We ask that you enter the Clubs with masks and only wear them during your workout if it does not affect your ability to deep breathe during your workouts.
- Check-In: Please bring your scan card/barcode on your mobile device for touchless check-in entry. NOTE: KCF-Atascadero, please use the main club entry for checking in as the outdoor pool parking lot/check-in is closed.
- Facility/Equipment: All areas including Cardio, Strength-Training, Courts, Locker Facilities are open. Increased and highly visible sanitizing stations are available for member access; Staff is committed to continuously clean all ‘touch points’ throughout the day.
- KCF Mobile App: The most efficient way to reserve classes is online using the KCF Mobile App. If you are experiencing issues either downloading or accessing the App, try uninstalling/reinstalling following the directions here. If problems persist, class reservations may be made by phone. Staff will now be able to assist you, too.
- Pools: The pools and pool deck are open. To accommodate more swimmers and maintain proper distancing, those pools that are 50m will be short-course only, with one swimmer per lane for 30 minutes. We promise to review and adjust accordingly. Reservations for lap swimming are NOT required except for the indoor pool at KCF-Atascadero and the outdoor pool at KCF-Arroyo Grande as is usual.
- Aqua Classes/Swim Lessons: Aqua Classes are on the schedule and reservations are required. Private Swim Lessons are resuming in most locations. Please contact your Home Club directly for the latest.
- Steam/Sauna/Whirlpools: We do not have the release to open these amenities at this time but will as soon as we are able.
- Personal Training: Trainers are in contact with their existing clients to resume training. Personal Training continues to be offered and is a great way to kick off your fitness routine after a hiatus.
- K-Zone: Stations will be open and available for reservation (use your KCF App for convenience). Stations will be sanitized between use.
- Kidz Club: Kidz Club is now open in all locations. Temperatures for children will be taken prior to admittance to Kidz Club. Extensive cleaning, modified hours and capacity are all part of the ‘new normal’ for Kidz Club. To see your Kidz Club hours and details, click here, select your Club and scroll down to Kidz Club. Your child’s safety is our number one priority.
What about my membership? When SLO County required we close our doors on March 20, 2020 all memberships were placed on hold and billing suspended for monthly memberships/service plans. Any membership time or club services you paid for but were unable to use during our closure will be credited back to you in time/services
- Prepaid Memberships including Corporate Prepaid Memberships: Your membership is automatically reactivated on June 15th unless otherwise requested. All the time you paid for that you were not able to use during the closure, will be added to extend your membership. Please allow 14 days for your account to reflect this update.
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Monthly Memberships: For those who paid regular membership dues/club service on March 1st, paying to April 1st, you will automatically receive a credit in membership time/club service from our opening date on June 15th to July 1st. Your regular monthly dues/club service deduction will occur on July 1st paying to August 1st. If you need to make any account changes prior to this deduction, please let us hear from you no later than June 26th. Email is preferred. **Please see your home Club’s Member Service Coordinator’s email below**
When can members renew or join? Now. We are excited to welcome you to join or renew. New members may also conveniently join online by clicking here.
We will continue to update with additions or changes via email, our website and social media sites.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate these waters together.
In GOOD HEALTH,
Kevin, Barb Kennedy & Your KCF Team
Paso Robles Service: email@example.com
Atascadero Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Luis Obispo Service: email@example.com
Arroyo Grande Service: firstname.lastname@example.org