June 15, 2020
The day is finally here! All four Kennedy Club Fitness locations open their doors today at 6 a.m. We are very excited to welcome you home!
Be assured we take our commitment to you very seriously. We have implemented extensive systems to provide a safe and sanitized environment for you to take care of you and those around you.
Yes, things are different, but we know you are resilient, patient and also very excited for this day.
These details below are subject to change, especially as SLO County releases us to offer more. Unless otherwise noted, this information applies to all four KCF locations:
- Opening Date: Monday, June 15th at 6a.
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 6a-8p. Saturday 8a-6p; Sunday 8a-4p. NOTE: KCF-Atascadero closes at 2p on Sunday. These shorter hours allow us to perform deeper cleaning and sanitation.
- Masks: Masks are encouraged but not required.
- Check-In: Please bring your scan card/barcode on your mobile device for touchless check-in entry. NOTE: KCF-Atascadero, please use the main club entry for checking in as the outdoor pool parking lot/check-in is closed.
- Facility/Equipment: All areas including Cardio, Strength-Training, Courts, Locker Facilities are open. Increased and highly visible sanitizing stations are available for member access; Staff is committed to continuously clean all ‘touch points’ throughout the day.
- Group Exercise Studios: UPDATE: Up to June 13th, we were not allowed to offer indoor classes so we got creative and prepared a fun and motivating schedule of classes to be held outdoors. We will continue with this OUTDOOR CLASS SCHEDULE the first week we are open. We will follow up later this week with our indoor class schedule. NOTE:
- Class sizes/offerings will comply with County guidelines for social distancing and be scheduled to allow for thorough cleaning of studios and equipment.
- Bring your own water and Yoga mat as needed. For your safety, shared mats are not provided.
- To see classes offered for your Club, click here.
- ALL Classes including AQUA require a reservation. Use the KCF Mobile App to reserve ONE DAY IN ADVANCE (seven days for CCPA members). If you have yet to download the App, Click here. You may also reserve by phone. Please be patient. We do expect a very high call volume the first several days we are open.
- KCF Mobile App: The most efficient way to reserve classes is online using the KCF Mobile App. If you are experiencing issues either downloading or accessing the App, try uninstalling/reinstalling following the directions here. If problems persist, class reservations may be made by phone. Staff will be able to assist you with accessing the App after the first week we are open.
- Pools: The pools and pool deck are open. To accommodate more swimmers and maintain proper distancing, those pools that are 50m will be short-course only, with one swimmer per lane for 30 minutes. We promise to review and adjust accordingly. Reservations for lap swimming are NOT required except for the indoor pool at KCF-Atascadero and the outdoor pool at KCF-Arroyo Grande as is usual.
- Aqua Classes/Swim Lessons: Aqua Classes are on the schedule and reservations are required. We hope to receive the ‘OK’ to offer swim lessons soon.
- Steam/Sauna/Whirlpools: We do not have the release to open these amenities at this time but will as soon as we are able.
- Personal Training: Trainers are in contact with their existing clients to resume training. Personal Training continues to be offered and is a great way to kick off your fitness routine after a hiatus.
- K-Zone: Stations will be open and available for reservation (use your KCF App for convenience). Stations will be sanitized between use.
- Kidz Club: Kidz Club is open Monday, June 15th in all clubs but KCF-SLO, which opens Monday, June 22nd. Temperatures for children will be taken prior to admittance to Kidz Club. Extensive cleaning, modified hours and capacity are all part of the ‘new normal’ for Kidz Club. To see your Kidz Club hours and details, click here, select your Club and scroll down to Kidz Club. Your child’s safety is our number one priority.
What about my membership? When SLO County required we close our doors on March 20, 2020 all memberships were placed on hold and billing suspended for monthly memberships/service plans. Any membership time or club services you paid for but were unable to use during our closure will be credited back to you in time/services
- Prepaid Memberships including Corporate Prepaid Memberships: Your membership is automatically reactivated on June 15th unless otherwise requested. All the time you paid for that you were not able to use during the closure, will be added to extend your membership. Please allow 14 days for your account to reflect this update.
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Monthly Memberships: For those who paid regular membership dues/club service on March 1st, paying to April 1st, you will automatically receive a credit in membership time/club service from our opening date on June 15th to July 1st. Your regular monthly dues/club service deduction will occur on July 1st paying to August 1st. If you need to make any account changes prior to this deduction, please let us hear from you no later than June 26th. Email is preferred. **Please see your home Club’s Member Service Coordinator’s email below**
When can members renew or join? Monday, June 15th our membership teams will be available to assist with those wishing to renew or join. New members may also conveniently join online by clicking here.
We will continue to update you this week with any additions or changes via email, our website and social media sites.
We appreciate and thank you for your continued patience. We’ll make every effort to ‘get it right’ immediately when we open but please be prepared with us for the unexpected, during these unprecedented times.
Can’t wait to see you this week!
In GOOD HEALTH,
Kevin, Barb Kennedy & Your KCF Team
Paso Robles Service: email@example.com
Atascadero Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Luis Obispo Service: email@example.com
Arroyo Grande Service: firstname.lastname@example.org